Wednesday, September 10, 2014

family room

We talked about it for years.
 "One day we should close in that screened in porch and turn it into a big family room." 
"Man, I hate cleaning all this pollen every year...we should add walls."
"If you loved me, you would close in this back porch."

Then, one day, workers showed up at 7:00 AM and started tearing apart our back porch.  I had to snap "before" pictures really quickly....it was GONE in 20 minutes.



Walls went up quickly...
 Man it was dusty...

 This was  our view for a few weeks. Dark.  They took the 6 foot sliding door and moved it to the outside wall so we would have it to go in the backyard. 
 Sam decorated (and scootered around the new room in his underwear EVERY night---but that is a whole 'nother story) the insulation.  His portrait is of our builder, Kenny.  He's holding a hammer. :)
 Then there was COLOR!!!  Yes! That is a red floor....  !!!!!!!!  My thought was, "Man, you walk into someone's house and they have a red floor and you KNOW they know what they like!!"  ----I sheepishly ordered the floor and then took deep breaths while they laid it----now I LOVE IT! 
But man...

 Ignore the orange on the cabinet.  That will be blue one day.  The large opening is going into our dining room, where the sliding glass door used to be.  Our view is much better now.
I'm sitting at our makeshift desk that we use for school right now and took this picture---dining room and kitchen is to my left----wanted to show the filing cabinets that I painted and holds ALL our school curriculum...There when we need it but it doesn't feel like we are sitting in a school room all the time. 

I love our new family room!!!  We've spent every day all day for the last 5 weeks in it and I'm still loving it...Curtains were made with love by my mom and Carol, of course....Thank you Pinterest for the filing cabinet and curtain ideas...We still need to build our desk and hang more lovelies on the walls but that was the process to get it here...

No comments: