Thursday, February 9, 2012

batSam

These are the little moments I want to remember. Driving to school in the outfit that he dressed himself in. Cowboy boots on the wrong feet and a Batman mask...and its just a normal day. I want his world to be surrounded with this simple happiness for as long as possible. And its my job to make sure of that. He doesn't always have to do everything exactly as I ask him to...he is discovering who he is and I am here to guide that journey.

Its little moments like these that bring me back to what is important. It doesn't matter that he didn't eat the cereal he asked for this morning, that his room is a mess, or that he didn't follow directions exactly to my liking. We got where we needed to be, on time, and with a happy face---both of us. That is what its all about...

No comments: