Thursday, August 15, 2013

God is talking...

It was October 2012 last time I came to this website.  I honestly had to think about my password and get reacquainted with the site...its been a while.  Its been a while in time and its been quite a journey...

A couple weeks ago I started thinking about this little blog.  Out of the blue, a friend wrote to me and asked about my updating it.  I had a fan!  About a week later another friend randomly mentioned it...weird.  Today some friends of my parents, whom my mom hasn't seen/heard from in about 23 years, showed up at our store.  They had found me on Facebook and then found my blog and caught up on the last few years.  That is how they found out about my dad passing away and all my great kids and our fun store.  They were driving to Florida today and stopped to say hi.  My mom was so excited.  The are having dinner together as I type this.

Today has been a day.  We have 2 sets of friends going through some stuff.  Big stuff.  They've been going through it all for a while.  They've been walking some long, tough roads.  Today was good.  This picture was taken walking down the street in my neighborhood.  The hubs and I were celebrating for dear friends that got much-deserved, fabulous, exciting, long-awaited news. On this, the same day, our other friends received a much-deserved, healthy, fabulous gift.  I pointed to the sky to make sure the kids didn't miss how beautiful it was.  They saw more than me.   My son Sam looked at me and said, "God is talking to us."

wow. Yes He is.

He's been talking to me for quite a while.  Just nudges.  Whispers.  And then I got to witness today.  Pure joy for 2 of our closest friends.  Prayers answered.  Right in front of our faces.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't think my little teeny tiny corner of the blog world has any sort of meaning to the greatness that is humanity.  I know people haven't lost sleep about when I'm going to post again and update on my super normal, sometimes stressful, unnecessarily busy, loud, messy life.  But I do know that it makes me feel better to write about some things.  And, yes, there have been "things" happening over the last 10 months.  And I think I'm ready to write about them.  I think I'm ready to share.  Now don't go holding your breath that anything I say will be meaningful or even interesting.  I'm just thinking it might be helpful.  To me.

So, if its OK with you I'm gonna be a little selfish and start writing again.  Maybe we'll hear some whispers together...

No comments: