Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I wasn't even going to run...

Last weekend we took a trip to Disney World.  Are you surprised?  Well, it had been since February...it was time to visit our friends again...and of course, race.  To be completely honest, I had not run very much at all since the Princess Half Marathon.  And we had signed up for a 10 Miler.  OK...I'll train...and time kept ticking...sheesh.  The morning of the race was here.  Uh Oh.
The kiddos were up first...they ran their kid races and were complete rock stars earning their medals!
Well, the time had come.  The race was to start at 10:00 at night...snoozing time...another strike against me.  No training and I should be sleeping.  Really??  OK, I just won't do it.  I'll be the loser that won't even try.  Then I walked into the Race Expo and saw the medal...aw crap.  It was a cool medal.  I want that.  Sheesh...am I crazy?  Yes.  yes.  I am.  But I had a great group cheering me on.  My brother (his first race!), my sis-in-law and of course, the hubs...Lets try!
OK...lemme tell you that 10 miles is a LONG way!!  But I did it!!! And I dare say that I had fun.  I know, crazy...right?!  But I got the medal...and even got to cross the finish line with Sean and Ginny.  It was good.  Now, the next two days??  I was properly punished for not training...ouch.  I learned my lesson.

But the best part?!?!

The love of my life earned his medal, too.  He is such an inspiration to me...but even that isn't THE BEST...It may look like there are only two people in this sweaty picture with our medals...but there are actually THREE.  Yep...I did this 10 mile race with a baby on board.  Best.  Race.  Ever.

No comments: