Monday, March 19, 2012

approved

Did I mention that we are approved?

Well, we are. What does this mean you ask? It means that the state of Georgia and all the people that are important in this realm, have read all of our paperwork and home studies (3) and have deemed that we are ready to welcome children into our home. We were told that this would happen by Christmas of last year...Its March. Now we are really waiting...

Right now I'm really good with everything...last week was a different story. I was freaking out a bit. I think I've been reading too many books about traumatized children and adding them into your family and of course its all very overwhelming...but kids in general are overwhelming. The thought of RK and Sam at ages 10 and 12 seems like too much to handle so why am I surprised to think about a future mystery child/children being too much, too? One day at a time...I didn't think I could handle a newborn or a 2 year old and a newborn and a business...cake. :)

OK...so there you go. Right now what we need is for y'all to pray. Please pray for our kids--the ones living in our house---and the ones headed our way. Pray for the foster home that they are in right now...

My friend Mandy wrote a great blog about this time right now in our journey...I am thankful that she is on the same road as us...and she puts things into words so nicely. Sometimes its creepy how she knows whats going on in my head...

check it out here...

Thanks friends!

No comments: