Tuesday, May 22, 2012

58th year

Today is my mom's birthday.  She is 58 today.  Most people don't talk about their age.  Honestly, that makes me so mad...people should be proud of their age and thankful for every minute they have...and my mom is.

I've always been close to my mom.  She was always the one going on field trips and doing things at school...even during the crazy teenage years, I still wanted her around for trips and functions.  And she always was.  Every performance, every band function, every fundraiser, every everything.  Quite frankly, even when I didn't want her there...she was there. :)  She was a good mom then and I knew that.  Even if I didn't always want to admit it.

But I really didn't grasp what a good mom she was until I became a mom.  And, of course, she was there.  She stayed with us for 2 weeks in Atlanta because I was convinced labor was coming soon.  It did come eventually and she was there for every minute...when Sam was born, too.

I get to see her every day because we work together.  I owned my store in Bremen for 2 years on my own and when we moved here I knew I needed her to be my partner.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  She helps me live my dream of being a mom and a successful business owner and I couldn't do it without her.

People say to me a lot, "I could never work with my mom.  I don't know how you do it."  Of course, we have our times...we may even bicker and fight and cry every once in awhile...but, really, we work best on our business when its just us.  We make a good team...

I'm so happy with my life and that my mom is such a big part of it.  I couldn't ask for a better Nana for my kids or a better friend for me.  My wish for you, as you enter your 58th year, is that you find new adventure and keep being you...I love you so much and can't wait to see what this year holds for you...and us. :)  Happy Birthday Mom!

2 comments:

jlindsey said...

Happy Birthday Lois!!

You're both two lucky girls!

Tara Peddicord said...

oh my gosh. so obviously I am doing some blog reading catch-up and I can't stop commenting on your posts. UGH. Just so so good. I love that mom of yours, so much. What a wonderful tribute to her! :)